DR Healthcare is a biomedical company specializing in biofunctionalism (functional biology and genomics) that dedicates its activity to research, development and innovation of new non-pharma-drug products, aimed at preventing chronic diseases, alleviate pain and correct physiological and/or metabolic dysfunctions, mainly associated to diamine oxidase enzyme (DAO) deficiency.
DR Healthcare research is focused on three areas:
- Research at physiological level in the field of molecular biology in general, mainly on histamine.
- Biomedical research on diseases related to metabolic disorders.
- Applied clinical research, with studies on DAO (diamine oxidase enzyme) deficiency, its causes, treatment and clinical course.
Their work involves the research, development, production and marketing of biofunctional products of their own line of R&D and licensing with the aim of improving people's health and wellbeing.
Scientific rigour and demanding control and quality management contribute to the development of innovative, safe and effective biofunctional products.
At DR Healthcare they are committed to human wellbeing and to the progress and growth of health science professionals.
They research, develop, produce and market innovative biofunctional products for health and wellbeing, making them available for health professionals so they can best help their patients.
In this sense, the advisory board, in which the Official Medical College of Barcelona participates, contributes to the strategic planning of our products and services, improving the overall quality and satisfaction of physicians and patients.
Innovation is thus aimed at the following chronic diseases:
- Migraine and other headaches.
- ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome, CVS and other gastrointestinal disorders.
- Atopy, psoriasis and other dermatological disorders.
- Fibromyalgia and other musculoskeletal and neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Chronic fatigue.